HOW TO PREPARE AMPESI AND KONTOMIRE STEW
prepare ampesi and kontomire stew(abom)
Ampesi is a traditional meal in Ghana and it’s prepared with boiled yam, plantain cocoyam, cassava or mixture of these and stew, thick groundnut or palm-nut soup. This dish contains essential nutrients that helps the body to grow and fight diseases.
Now before the recipe,
let’s check out why you must love kontomire
10 Benefits of kontomire
- Kontomire is the best diet for reducing cholesterol, it has no cholesterol and only 1% of total fat.
- Prevention of cancer(kontomire is rich in vitamin C which acts as an antioxidant that fights free radicals that causes cancer and prevents many diseases)
- Prevents anemia
- Control the blood pressure
- Boosts immune system
- Enhance memory and mood
- Reduce wrinkle on the skin
- Help in weight loss
- Promote the bone and skin healing
- Healthy eyes
So now you know the health benefits you get by taking in kontomire
- Turkey berries
- Palm oil
- Koobi(salted tilapia)
- Wash the vegetables(pepper,turkey berries, tomatoes(momoni), Kontomire) and boil
- Peel the yam or plantain, wash it and boil (add salt)
- Boil the eggs
- Make sure the vegetables are well cooked, grind the onion in an earthenware bowl
- Add the pepper, turkey berries,tomatoes and Kontomire and grind it (don’t grind all at once, grind the onion, pepper,turkey berries then the tomatoes and add the Kontomire)
- Add salt to taste.
- Wash the koobi and boil
- Wash the salmon and remove the skin, break it into the stew in the earthenware bowl
- Heat the palm oil and add chopped onions and pour it in the earthenware bowl and stir
- Add the koobi and boiled eggs and garnish it with pear and nicely chopped onions.
- Serve with the boiled yam/plantain or ripe plantain.
Please like, comment and share after reading and let me know if you try it, I’m open to all questions.
Photocredit: Samora Quashie
For more recipes,Visit our homepage