HOW TO PREPARE ETOR
‘Etor’ is a popular Ghanaian dish in southern Ghana made from either boiled yam, plantain or cocoyam mashed and mixed with palm oil. I like to use groundnuts, eggs and avocado pear to garnish it. I prepare etor with slightly ripped plantain and unripe plantain because it makes the dish sweet, ripe plantain is naturally sweet, but you can also prepare it with only plantain. My little sister taught me how to prepare this dish, it’s her favorite but she likes to prepare etor with yam. It’s not costly to prepare etor, It’s easy and doesn’t take much time to prepare. (I use 10 minutes to prepare etor).
- Plantain or yam
- Roasted groundnuts or peanuts
- Palm oil
- Avocado pear
- Peel and boil the plantain (add salt).
- Wash the onion and pepper and grind it in an earthenware bowl, add salt and grind to get an even mixture.
- Add groundnuts(peanuts) and grind.
- Boil eggs.
- Add the boiled plantain to the grinded pepper, onion, groundnuts and mash it in the earthenware bowl.
- Pour the palm oil into a sauce pan to heat and add chopped onions.
- Pour the palm oil in the mashed plantain and mix together to get a uniformed mixture.
- Garnish it with the boiled eggs, avocado pear, groundnuts and chopped onions.
Your Etor is done .
I’m sorry i haven’t updated my blog in a long while, i will be updating weekly from now.
like, comment and share after reading. This is very simple, try it after and let me know,I’m open to all questions.
Watch video below.
Visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel, Jesskitchengh
Photo credit @samoraquashie
For more recipes,Visit our Homepage
For African Meals, click on African meals