Sausage rolls are pastry snacks made with pastry dough and sausages, the procedure for preparing sausage rolls is similar to Meat pie.
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE ROLLS
English sausage rolls, luxury sausage roll, Sausage rolls are simple snacks that are great for a lunch or for small parties.
- Pastry flour
- Baking powder
- Corned beef
The dough for sausage rolls is mixed exactly as that of Meat pie.
- Pour flour in a bowl, add baking powder and nutmeg. Mix them very well.
- Add salt, you don’t need much salt because most sausages contain salt already.
- Add the margarine and use your finger tips to rub the margarine into the flour and mix till it becomes like crumbs. (I like to use cook band pastry margarine, it tastes good and gives the pastry a nice colour when done )
- Blend the onions, garlic and ginger, add milk to this mixture.
- Add the mixture to the dough
- Pour the oil in bits and keep mixing
- Add a little water (cold water) and mix till the texture of the dough is fine.
- Roll out the dough and cut to desired length.
- Scoop some corned beef and spread inside.
- Add the sausage and fold. (fold the dough like folding a mat)
- Rub margarine on a baking sheet or an oven tray and spray flour on it. (This is done so that the undersides of the rolls don’t stick and burn to the tray during baking).
- Mix the eggs and milk and use a baking brush to rub on the sausage rolls. This gives them a golden brown look when done.
- Heat oven for about 7 minutes before baking the rolls (Sausage rolls take about 45 minutes depending on the type or heating capacity of your oven).
Below are the links to our social media pages and YouTube.
Visit our homepage for more articles
Follow jess kitchen on social media
For more recipes, Visit our Homepage