How to make shortbread biscuits at home. You love shortbread biscuits? Why not make one yourself, this is the recipe to make shortbread biscuits at home.
Shortbread biscuit originated in Scotland. It is baked at a low temperature to avoid browning.After baking, sugar may be sprinkled on it while cooling and it becomes firmer after cooling. Sometimes it becomes crumbly before it cools. Shortbread is usually confused with short cake but it is different. shortbread is different from shortcake though they are similar. One difference is short cake is made using vegetable fat, shortbread is made using butter.
This is a simple and quick recipe, I really love it.
I got this great recipe from my good friend, Nancy Ansomah. They taste so good, you should try it.
- 400g of flour
- 200g of butter
- 200g of sugar
- Powdered milk (optional)
- 3-4 drops of vanilla essence
- Cream the butter and sugar till it becomes fluffy
- Add the vanilla essence
- Pour the flour in a mixing bowl add the powdered milk to the flour
- Add it to the creamed butter and sugar
- Mix it together very well, make sure it is soft and can be rolled
- Put it on a board and roll it with a rolling pin(it shouldn’t be light, it should be heavy so that it can be rolled)
- Shape the ends to get a square shape
- Preheat oven
- Place in a flat plate and put it in a fridge for about 30minutes, you can also put in in a freezer for about 12 minutes
- Use a fork to poke it as desired
- Sprinkle little sugar on it and bake
- Bake it in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes
you can serve your biscuits with any nice drink or eat it as a snack. Try this simple recipe at home, let me know when you try it and thank me later
Thank you, comment and share.
Visit our Homepage for more recipes.