White porridge is a breakfast meal popularly known as “mmore kooko” in Ghana made from corn dough, water and a pinch of salt (optional). Usually served with sugar, milk and groundnuts (peanuts).
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CORN.
- Corn is rich in vitamin A, B and E which is very essential to our health.
- It provides the body with the necessary nutrients for body growth and development.
- Corn contains abundant minerals which benefit the human body in a number of ways.
- According to studies, corn prevents anemia, lowers cholesterol, controls diabetes and also has some cosmetic benefits.
- Without roughage and fiber the body may not get these nutritional benefits.
- Corn dough
Pour water in saucepan,dissolve the corn dough in and blend it well with your hand or a wooden spoon. Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture. Add salt and put it on fire.
Stir and cook gently till it thickens, add more water and cover it to boil for 3-6 minutes. Stir until porridge is uniformly mixed.
You can add sugar and serve with milk and groundnuts.
Visit our Homepage for more recipes
Below are the links to our social media pages and YouTube.
Visit our homepage for more articles
Follow jess kitchen on social media