Hello there, welcome to jesskitchen.
Sorry we have not updated in a while. Have you read our previous article,recipe for Mango cinnamon smoothie? If not, please do.
Now there is an interesting story about how i came up with this article. I did not plan of filming while cooking because there was no time to set up and all. plus i was super hungry.
This happened the day i wrote my last end of semester paper. I came back from school tired and hungry. it was getting late. No food around. So i decided to make something from the little foodstuff available. In the freezer i had gizzard and chicken. I had other vegetables and foodstuff. Tomatoes,onion,pepper,rice,garlic,ginger,oil and spices.
What can i make from these ingredients? i am tired of eating rice and stew/sauce. what else an i prepare? i was really craving ‘ampesi and abom‘
I decided to prepare assorted jollof. who gets tired of eating jollof rice? why not film it? because we do not have any jollof recipe on the blog yet.
Ingredients for steaming chicken and gizzard.
- stock cube and other preferred seasonings
Ingredients for Jollof
- Tomato paste/puree
- Fresh tomatoes
- stock cube
- curry powder
- Wash the gizzard and chicken. put them in a pan on fire ta reda på mera.
- Blend the onion,garlic and ginger
- pour on the gizzard and chicken and mix
- Add the stock cube and any preferred seasonings.
- Add salt and curry powder and mix.
- Stir and steam for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add chopped onions
- Add the tomato puree or paste and stir
- Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Blend the tomatoes,pepper,garlic and ginger
- Pour the mixture in the sauce pan and stir
- Cover it to cook for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Add the stock cube,curry powder and powdered pepper.(adding the powdered pepper is optional)
- After 3 minutes add water and stir
- Let it boil for about a minute
- add rice to the stew, stir well and cover
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes and stir.
- From here cook on low heat.
- Scoop some of the broth and pour on the rice and stir. the rest will be added later.
- In a frying pan heat oil and fry the chicken and gizzard.
- cover the rice with aluminum foil after some minutes you can decided to add more broth if the rice is hard.
- when the rice is becoming soft, add the fried gizzard and chicken to it and mix.
- Let it cook on low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes till its well cooked.
Watch the recipe video below.
Follow jess kitchen on social media
Click on Juice and smoothies for related recipes
Visit our homepage for more articles