Hello there, welcome to jess kitchen.
Have you read our previous article, The 2018 annual jollof festival(jollof battle) to happen in this DC. If not, please do. Read of the 2nd Annual Jollof festival in DC, July 7 2018.
Back to our chicken recipe.Yesterday,July 6 was National Fried Chicken Day. This day is observed in the United States of America annually on July 6.
Fried chicken is loved by many but how to properly coat it is the problem. There is a similar recipe for chicken drumsticks.
This chicken will not be steamed before frying so it has to take time and fry well.The thing with this chicken is that you must have patience to fry it. It should be fried on low heat.If the oil is too hot you will end up having burnt half cooked chicken.And we don’t want that.
Please make sure you don’t break any kitchen hygiene rule while preparing your chicken. Wash your hands very well before you start. you will be using your hands more.
This is the best coated fried chicken.Trust me you will love it. Read the recipe below.
- Chicken breast
- Black pepper
- chili powder
- ginger and garlic powder
- stock cube
- Wash your hands.
- Set up. Pour the flour in a bowl.
- Pour the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- crack the egg and whisk.
- add the spices(salt,stock cube,black pepper,chili powder,) to the four and mix very well.
- The chicken will go through this process. Coat the chicken with egg,the flour then the breadcrumbs. Feel free to repeat the process. This makes it very crispy.
- When you are done coating your chicken, heat oil and fry.
- Make sure you fry the chicken on low heat.
- Fry each side for about 8 to 10 minutes on low heat until golden brown.
- When it is well fried, put it on a kitchen tissue to drain excess oil and serve.
Serve with ketchup or any sauce.
Watch recipe video below. Subscribe for more.
Visit our homepage for more articles
Follow jess kitchen on social media